ZOMG Summer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

4 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments Empty What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

Post by Connor Smith Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:35 pm

I have to read a total of four books and do 10 chapters out of the AP Physics book.

So far it's all been a snap, until reading Great Expectations.

Those four books are;
"Mythology" by Edith Hamilton
"Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens
"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
"A World Lit Only by Fire" by Someone

Also, I hear rumors that there's an AP Music Theory summer assignment.

Can anyone top that?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

http://cyoshio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments Empty Re: What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 am

nope. i dont have more than you. i just have to read autobiography of malcolm x. and then type 2 reflections and take notes. not too bad. and then im going to start going through the AP calc book. nerdy i know...
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments Empty Re: What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 am

Hah, well, I'm going to do that last one. I mean, I don't want to get caught surprised by AP Calc.

Hah, all you have to do is the Senior Inq summer assignment?

How do you think that class will be?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 pm

i have hardy and foulger. hardy is just cool and foulger is apparently kind of easy but a good teacher. im actually looking forward to it.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Well, sure the teachers are cool, but the class sounds like it's based around the kids discussing amongsth themselves.

That part kinda got me, but you're cool with it?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:31 pm

yea. i have at least one friend in that class. plus with 60 students in a class, they dont have to know if i talk or not. dellerbas class was discussion based and i hardly talked. although he loved me. hah...that was such a great class.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Dude, seeing as how a ton of the seniors are taking it, I'm sure you'll have more than one friend in it.

And about the talking thing, I think the teachers threatened to keep track of who talks and who doesn't. And just by looking at that "Hardy" character, I think he's crazy enough to do it.

Hah, you thought American Studies 11 was a great class? Man, has the heat gotten to you?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:59 pm

dude dellerbas class was awesome. you have no idea. it was a great class.

true hardy is crazy enough to do it....but then again i didnt really go to the meeting so i never heard the threat.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Well, I'm just saying that his sophomore year class wasn't all that great. Competely outrageous, but I wouldn't want to do it again given the chance.

Hah, you didn't go to the meeting? I find that ironic, because I went to the meeting but I ultimately didn't take Senior Inq.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:56 pm

hah i needed a ride home from someone so i got the paper and then left.

and i had a bunch of REALLY stupid people in american studies so it made the class really fun. plus i had some friends and the fact that dellerba knew we were good students, we could pretty much got away with anything.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Oh, well for me, having a class filled with stupid people makes the class a drag. I much prefer smarter people, even if it's a harder class.

Hah, yeah, that old Dellerba trick. Although I never really got away with anything. If anything, it was Dellerba who got away with a lot of stuff.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:38 pm

really? what did he get away with? not grading papers? he promised us at the beginning of the year how he would get stuff back to us really quickly...2 months later....i lost your paper. it was great. half the time he would just say that he would give us full points.

as for the stupid people...there were a bunch of football players so dellerba would pick on them.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Hah, no, Dellerba got away with pulling some really crazy stunts. Like, this one time, he graded tests randomly to teach us something. Then he also had a stock exchange simulation which kinda got out of hand.

Oh, yeah. Well, I used to be a football player, so Dellerba knew me. But I was smart. So then Dellerba continually professed that I was the smarted kid ever or something like that. I wanted him to shut up.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 pm

lol football player with smarts. were you the only one? he always lectured to us smart kids when he tried to teach. it was great.

we had one test this past year. he actually graded it and basically no one passed it. i did but most didnt. he didnt even give us finals.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Psh, heck no. There was also Jonathan Pierson. He's pretty smart too. I dunno about the others, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Did he group you "smart kids" in one small place?

Yeah, that sounds like Dellerba. So did the test ruin everyone's grades?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 pm

no it didnt. he doesnt seem to really keep track of grades. plus it was proficiency based so he said that if we passed our essays then we would have an A. (he never really graded the essays).

we had casey kasai in our class. and this other kid named chris but dellerba called him bobblehead. and then there were others.

we chose our seats on the first day of class and stayed there. we all knew each other from last year so we sat there and it turned out that we we the AP kids in the corner.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Ah, proficiency grading system. It's nice in theory, but in practice it's absolutely crap. PS; you'll have to deal with it in IMP IV.

Yeah, Casey is totally one of those "dunderhead football players." Chris, huh? Maybe it was Chris Sanchez.

Hah, the AP kids? Who're those kids? Like, not names, but a general description.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:15 pm

not chris sanchez. i know that for a fact.

and yes it is a nice theory but it doesnt seem to work. i may end up dropping imp 4 at the beginning of the year. i am supposed to have hamilton though! although he may not be there next year.

people that were taking AP lang pretty much. he thought we were so advanced. yeah right. we were the hugest slackers.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I have to read Madame Bovary and Tess of the Dubervilles this summer. Plus another book of my choice.

I'm just glad I don't have as much as I did last summer. That was pure hell.
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:23 pm

yeah you had a ton! apush and ap lit! you are one crazy gal.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 pm

@ Julia; I don't really know why you're taking IMP 4. I mean, you got through Precalc and AP Stats, what do you stand to gain from it? What're you thinking of replacing it with?

@ Michelle; APUSH and AP Lit in the same year? Is that even possible? Not for the common man, that's for sure.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 am

a better understanding of word problems. I talked with 3 different teachers and all encouraged me to take it. I just asked them what they thought about the class and they kept going on about how great of a class it was and how i should be taking it. plus i REALLY like math.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:06 am

Haha. My math teacher was like Did you consider taking IMP 4 and I said NO! And then I laughed in her face.

And yes, but I am not the common man!
Michelle
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 am

Are you really that worried about word problems? Well, I guess IMP does actually try to present its math in word form rather than just throw random equations at you.

But if you got through the AP Stats word problems, then I think you're good.

Hah, Michelle, now there's someone who knows what's good for her.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:28 pm

i want to take another math class and that is kind of the only one left that i am actually able to take. plus word problems! ive actually gotten quite a bit stronger with dobashi's class and stats.

i didnt get through stats word problems first semester. i had an 89.9% and still a B!
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum