ZOMG Summer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

4 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments - Page 2 Empty Re: What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

Post by Connor Smith Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Why don't you take discrete mathematics? I can't imagine that as being anything but word problems.

And getting an 89 is less about not handling the word problems and more about Bue and his stupid 10 point quizzes.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

http://cyoshio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What You Have to do For Summer Assignments - Page 2 Empty Re: What You Have to do For Summer Assignments

Post by mathgeek62 Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:18 pm

i got A's on all those quizzes first semester! if i gave myself 100% one or two times on homework i would have had my A.

and discrete mathematics is supposedly a crappy class.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Hah. Anyways, I blame the way Bue ran the class, not the class' actual difficulty.

Well, I haven't heard anything about the class. But the topic of discrete mathematics actually sounds kinda useful.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 pm

ive heard from math teachers. i think i heard bue say that they have only actually had that class like 2 times but they still continue to offer it.

and i didnt like the way he ran the class. although i dont think that it helps that ive had the same math teacher for the past 3 years. but mostly the only thing that hurt me was the multiple choice questions. im so bad at them.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, I guess it never really sounded like a real choice. But still, the teachers occasionally mention it.

Hah, yeah, one year with someone who isn't Dobashi!? Ah, the horror...
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:12 pm

i know. im really sad that hes not going to be at westview next year though. my last year and he is going to sunset. kind of sucks. Sad
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

I have the senior inq assignment too...

Just wanted to feel included. School talk kinda turns me off during the summer, to be completely honest.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:21 pm

And it's gonna be okay juju.

I'm sure we'll survive in AP Calc without him.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 pm

yea but then cat crew is just lame now. chambers makes us do so much more an she doesnt buy us cake or root beer floats!
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

Oh...sorry. Can't really help you out with that one, but I guess you'll just have to step it up and make it fun yourself!

Take the initiative! Hahaha
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:15 pm

yea ive found some people in that class so it should be better. but she actually makes us go visit the kids 18 times in the semester which is, in my opinion, a little excessive. they never want to talk about anything so it doesnt really work.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:48 pm

18 times? That's ridiculous! But maybe this year you'll have nicer kids who actually do wanna talk.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 pm

very ridiculous. i mean dobashi told us to keep a log but nobody did and he knew that. i think i knew that it was a little excessive the number of times but if also knew if we never saw the kids. i went like every other week which was just about the right number of times.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Well then, why not just do what you want? After all, we're gonna be SENIORS!!! I think you know what's best for you.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm

i dont like being on the bad side of teachers. if you hadnt noticed....plus i might end up having to email chambers and find out if i can miss 1 or both days of training. although i dont think that they will let me just show up to orientation.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:23 am

Hah, wow, cat crew.

The Dibosh is going to Sunset? I hadn't heard anything about this. I mean, I signed up for a non-Diboshi class, so what was there to worry about?
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Guess you're in the clear then, Connor.
And don't diss what you've never been a part of. Cat Crew is pretty darn cool.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Well, it's just how you two talk about it. I think you two're getting too into it.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by there's a Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm not even a part of it. I just respect everyone who wants to help the little freshmen get secure in their new school.
there's a
there's a

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:22 pm

cat crew is actually a ton of fun. you have kids that care but they dont at the same time. like they want to make the freshman to feel welcome but they dont want to work very hard.

and yes dobashi is going to sunset. he told me 2 weeks before school got out and i was not allowed to tell anyone when school was still going on. he didnt want the whole school to know and make a big deal about it. you have no idea how much it killed me to show up to his class everyday and i wasnt allowed to say anything. i was the only student that he told. and of course when he told me i started crying and then michelle suh came like 5 mins later to TA and i had to say nothing was wrong. gah! it just sucks that he isnt going to be there. he said he still might coach golf though next year.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Ah, let the sophomores make the freshman feel welcome.

Man, he told just you? That's kind of an honor, really.

At least you'll have to see him again when you inevitably get your letter of reccomendation from him.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 pm

sophomores are just jerks because they are happy they arent the youngest anymore. well not all of them are but whatever. there are actually more seniors this year in cat crew than juniors. every year there are always a ton more juniors. its going to be fun!

yes he just told me. and then he wasnt there for cat crew fly ups and everyone was asking where he was. chambers and clark just said he was busy. hah...they were all getting mad that he wasnt there.

well yeah. he already told he would do my recommendation. plus he owes me lunch. hah
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Well, as a sophomore I was nice to the one freshman in my math class. Even though he was way too young for it and by his own admission he's not that good at math.

So all sophomores should be like that.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mathgeek62 Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 pm

lol too bad they arent. ive always been a nice person though to the new kids. i feel bad because they are in a new place and they dont really know anyone.
mathgeek62
mathgeek62

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Smith Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Ah, they'll learn. Besides, everything wothwhile sucks at the beginning.
Connor Smith
Connor Smith
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum